Chia seed pudding is a staple in my kitchen and I love adding cacao powder to make it a chocolate pudding-like dessert! I never really had a set recipe for this as it was just something I’ve been making by eye for a while now, but after lots of recipe requests here we are! Chocolate chia seed pudding makes me very happy and I hope it makes you happy too!!
Recipe can be adjusted depending on how much pudding you want to make!
- Chia seeds
- Milk of your choice
- Coconut sugar (My almond milk is sweetened with coconut sugar, but if you’re using unsweetened milk I recommend adding about 1-2tbsp maple syrup/honey/sugar per portion as the cacao can be a bit bitter without it)
- 1tbsp Organic Fields Cacao Powder (per portion)
- Add chia seeds and milk in the ratio of 1:4 in a jar (I like mine quite runny, if you prefer it thicker, add in less milk or stir in some yogurt)
- Add sweetener and Organic Fields Cacao Powder, and stir in until fully incorporated
- Stir up and cover, and leave in the fridge
- After about half an hour, stir up the mixture again, then put back in the fridge (this is because it tends to clump up at the bottom)
- After another hour, stir it up again, it should have a pudding like consistency now. If it is too runny for your liking, add more chia seeds, and if too thick add more milk (if you add in anything, repeat the stirring process after another hour)
- Leave for at least 4-6 hours, before opening and most likely eating the whole thing in one go!!! It really is that good!!!
Recipe contributor : Katelyn from katfewd.com