Recipe makes 8 large servings of pasta
- 1.5 cups AP flour
- 1.5 cups multigrain flour (or use whole-wheat!)
adding in 1 1/2 tsp of Spirulina Powder to the flour mixture
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Pulse flours and salt in a food processor to mix
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until the dough just starts to form a ball
- Knead by hand on a floured surface until firm and not sticky (4-5 mins)
- Cover with a bowl on floured surface for 1 hour
- Separate dough into 8 pieces and remove one of the pieces, covering the rest back with the bowl
- Roll out using a pasta maker increasing the thickness setting (until 5-6)
- Flour both sides, then cut using pasta maker attachment and hang to dry for a minimum of 15 minutes before cooking / storing (can be frozen or stored in the fridge for 1-2 days)
- Repeat with the rest of the pieces of dough!
- When cooking, these will be done in about 2 minutes depending on preferred doneness!
Kale Almond Pesto
Recipe for a small bowl of pesto (enough to make about 4 plates of pasta
- 100g basil
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 45g almond nuts (or any other nut)
- added in a handful of kale
- 2 garlic chopped
- 1tsp salt
- 40g Parmesan cheese
- Just put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth!!
- Adjust olive oil and salt to get the consistency and taste you want !!
Recipe contributor : Katelyn
Link: https://www.katfewd.com/blog/spirulina-pasta ;