- 100g salted butter, room temperature
- 90g caster sugar
- 195g plain flour
- Measure and sift 100 g of plain flour and set aside. Then measure 95g of plain flour and 5g of Organic Fields Matcha Powder. Sift together and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture into 100g each. Leave half in the mixer and add the 100g of plain flour. Mix until combined and place dough in a bowl.
- Repeat with the other half of the mixture but adding the 95g of plain flour and 5g of Organic Fields Matcha Powder. Mix until combined.
- Roll both doughs into logs separately and then roll them together until you achieve a marble effect.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Shape the log into a square and wrap with cling film. Place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Cut into 8mm thick slices and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges. Once done, turn onto wire rack to cool.
- The dough can be made ahead and kept in the refrigertor for a few days or in the frezeer for a month.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.