- 200g canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or more
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Organic Fields Beetroot Powder
- 4 rounds of pitta bread
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse. Reserve a few whole chick peas for serving.
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, Organic Fields Beetroot Powder, and water in a food processor, and blend to a creamy purée.
- Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Pour onto a plate and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and scatter with the reserved chickpeas.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve with pita bread, warmed in a moderate oven for three minutes, and cut into quarters.
Note: Add more or less beetroot powder to suit your palate.